Do you know your risk for heart attack or stroke?
The PLAC® Test can help.
The PLAC Test for Lp- PLA2 Helps Identify Hidden Risk for Heart Attack and Stroke
The PLAC Test is the only blood test cleared by the FDA to aid in assessing an individual’s risk
for both heart attack and ischemic stroke associated with atherosclerosis – 87% of strokes are ischemic.
Who should get the PLAC Test?
The PLAC Test is recommended for individuals who are at intermediate- or high-risk for developing Coronary Heart Disease (CHD), including:
- Any age with at least 2 or more risk factors (e.g., smoking, hypertension, family history of premature CHD, low levels of HDL cholesterol)
- Age 65 years or older with 1 major risk factor
- Cigarette smoking
- Fasting blood glucose level of 100 mg/dL or greater
- Metabolic syndrome
Did you know?
- Coronary heart disease is the leading cause of death worldwide.
- Approximately 50% of all heart attacks and most strokes occur in people with normal cholesterol levels.
- Cholesterol levels alone are not useful in predicting the risk for stroke.
- Stroke is the fourth most common cause of death in developed countries.
- Heart disease kills more people than all cancers combined.
- Twice as many women die of stroke as die of breast cancer in a year.
Early detection and more aggressive treatment can help prevent cardiovascular events.