Amniocentesis (amniotic fluid analysis)
Amniocentesis is a diagnostic test of the child for hereditary diseases, malformations and chromosomal abnormalities. During amniocentesis doctor takes a small amount of amniotic fluid (amniotic fluid) through a long thin needle inserted through the skin of the abdomen. Obtained via amniocentesis amniotic fluid is then sent to the laboratory.
When do I have to do an amniocentesis?
Amniocentesis – the oldest invasive prenatal diagnostic procedure. Today, amniocentesis is a standard method to identify the child any major chromosomal otkloneniy.Analiz amniotic fluid was performed on the 16th week of pregnancy. Permissible and earlier periods (13-15 th week) with a rigorous compliance measures bezopasnosti.Otmetim that unlike regular blood tests and ultrasound, which do not threaten the pregnancy, during amniocentesis is an intrusion into the internal processes of growth and development of the unborn child. Therefore, amniocentesis is recommended for every pregnant woman.
What diseases can be detected?
Amniocentesis can establish the presence of the following diseases:
• Hereditary diseases.
• malformations (heart defects, cleft lip, and so on. Etc..)
• Chromosomal abnormalities such as Down syndrome and Edwards syndrome.
• Spina Bifida.
• Causes of early unexplained miscarriages.
• Infection (toxoplasmosis, cytomegalovirus, rubella, bacterial infections).
Chorionic villus sampling
Chorionic villus sampling (horiotsentez) is a method for invasive prenatal diagnosis, which is used to detect the child’s possible defects, genetic diseases and chromosomal abnormalities.
Horiotsentez – a reliable prenatal test to detect birth defects (such as Down’s syndrome). During chorionic villus sampling doctor takes on the analysis of pieces of placental tissue. By analyzing the chromosomes of these cells, we can conclude chromosomes future rebenka.Glavnoe advantage over amniocentesis chorionic villus sampling (analysis of amniotic fluid) – is that it can be made much earlier: as a rule, between the 11th and 14th weeks of pregnancy.
Chorionic villus sampling: in what cases a test?
• During the ultrasound is a suspicion of the presence of any abnormalities in the fetus.
• The family has relatives who suffer from a genetic disease.
• There is an infection.
• Age older than 35 years (the older expectant mother, the greater the probability of a baby various violations).
• Do you (your spouse) already have a child with Down syndrome or other genetic diseases.